Monday, January 21, 2013

Luxurious Limestone

The decision to use polished limestone in the high traffic areas of this home, gave it a timeless elegance  that few other flooring choices could match. 

For this project, I chose Chenille White elongated rectangles.  I used the 8 x 36 size in an offset brick staggered pattern for the main areas.  I also created 2 inset "area rugs",  using the 4 x 36 size in a chevron design, bordered by charcoal mosaics that mimic the colour of the adjoining hardwood flooring.

The substrate was radiant heated concrete, so I made sure to specify Ditra Matting  as an antifracture membrane throughout.

Limestone is porous, requiring us to seal it immediately. It should then be resealed every 2 or 3 years, depending on traffic.

These floors are elegant, timeless and durable. I feel they will continue to bring satisfaction to my client for many years to come!


Closeup of mosaic inset and transition to hardwood 

A view of the foyer from the loft

The larger of the 2 limestone 'area rugs'


1 comment:

  1. Stone making pillar or room is really elegant to see. I want to look the home with beautiful stone structure then please guide me on the rate. If you want to buy limestone suppliers AZ online to get design of stone for designing your home then just have a look on that.

    ReplyDelete